birding-aus

Little Curlews

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Little Curlews
From: "Steve Popple" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:21:09 +0930
I don't know how you estimate the number of Little Curlews around Darwin at the moment but I'm seeing them in all sorts of places this year. Including huddling on footpaths on the edge of the Stuart Highway, in peoples front yards (well some anyway), plus the usual places like Knuckeys Lagoon, Turf farms, playing fields, sewerage ponds & they seem to particularly like radio communication facilities, but what I haven't seen is any with bands or flags. Over the last couple of weeks there has been a small flock of Brolgas at Knuckeys Lagoon usually on the pond closest the highway.
To date I haven't seen or heard any Channel Bill Cuckoo's around town, maybe someone else up here has?  Steve