birding-aus

To: <>
Subject: X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
From: "Greg Pyers" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:29:30 +1000
Hello all,

Any ideas about blackbird control? The ones around here have expanded their
range and number noticeably over the past five years and are too wary for
my air-gun. They have recently moved into the local forest, thanks to the
invasion of cape broom I would venture. By the way, the local Turdus now
seem to mimic the softest calls of pied currawongs.

A pair of buff-banded rails have moved in among rank blackberries, rushes
and fog grass by a roadside dam here in Daylesford. A first in my memory.
Sacred kingfishers have returned for the third year in succession.

Greg Pyers