birding-aus

RFI Bird-Work, Clubs in Brisbane/Gold Coast Area

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Bird-Work, Clubs in Brisbane/Gold Coast Area
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:47:36 +1000
G'day All,
Just received the following two notes from people interested in joining
birdclubs in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area, if anyone can help can they
reply directly to the email addresses provided.
Tom Tarrant
http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/

From:
        "Rachel Pyne" <>

Hello,

I was searching the internet and I found your site.  I am looking for
any bird sanctuaries around Brisbane where I might be able to do some
volunteer work caring for birds.
 I work full time but I sometimes have rostered days off during the week
and would love to get involved in some way but I can't find anything.  I
live in Ferny Hills and have two birds myself.
 If you know of anywhere that may be interested, could you let me know.
I am happy to do anything, even if it's just cleaning out the cages.

Thanks,
Rachel Pyne

Hello
I am writing on behalf of my 10 year old son who is an avid
birdwatcher.  He has a set of Tasco binoculars and a field book for
identification which he uses daily.  We live in the Bonogin Valley on
the Gold Coast in Qld.  As he is so keen, I wanted to find out about
joining him in a club in our area but I'm having trouble finding any
info regarding any club/s that are local.
I'm hoping you may be able to assist with a contact name or number?
Also, any advice you can provide us about activities or interest groups
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kym Pierpoint