birding-aus

Re: White-throated Gerygones.

To: "Bruce Cox" <>, <>
Subject: Re: White-throated Gerygones.
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:39:37 +1000
Hi Bruce,
Whilst several members of Gerygone have very similar calls, the Brown Gerygone sounds not even remotely similar to the White-throated Gerygone. If you think you heard a White-throated Gerygone, well then you probably did. So the substance of your question falls down. The Western and Mangrove Gerygones sound similar, so consider those possibilities if they occur there, but not the Brown Gerygone.

Philip (from Canberra)