birding-aus

CD values

To: "b-a" <>
Subject: CD values
From: "Syd Curtis" <>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 09:19:05 +1000

Hello all,

    The following message was posted on the American 'naturerecordists' site:

----------
>From: "Monty Brigham" <>
>To: <>
>Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Grouse drumming
>Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 3:22 AM
>

> Hi Skip,
>  Ihave a Ruffed Grouse recording that is included on my CD-Bird Sounds of
> Canada. It was recorded with a Nagra SIV tape recorder. The CD sells for
> $90.00.
>
> Monty Brigham

I can't tell whether the writer is Canadian, but this seems probable.  My recollection is that Canadian dollars are worth a little less than US $s, but not much less.  So, even though the Oz $ is not worth much these days, it would appear that we are getting very good value when we buy Australian wildlife sounds CDs.

[Note to David Stewart:  Don't let this encourage you to put your prices up, or I won't buy any more of your CDs ...  until next time.]

Syd Curtis in Hawthorne (Brisbane)