birding-aus

Eyrean Grasswren

To: <>
Subject: Eyrean Grasswren
From: "Jill Dark" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:51:01 +1000
Allan,
Two years ago I saw Eyrean grasswrens on top of Big Red (the first big sand dune on the Simpson Desert track). They were in the canegrass not far from the track over the dune.
If you have time this site may be worth checking.  From memory I think it 30-40km from Birdsville.  I did not see them in 2 days at Mungerannie, although they are on their bird list, but as we were flooded in at the time access to the dunes was difficult.
Jill