birding-aus

Visitor still seeking to bird in Aus.

Subject: Visitor still seeking to bird in Aus.
From: Will Bertsche <>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:42:35 -0400
Hi All,

    I posted the previous message on Birding-aus, to which I have
recevied many useful replies (thanks). Some feedback has convinced me
that I should clarify the post, however. I will be arriving in Sydney,
and am willing to travel around, but as I am experiencing "budget"
travel conditions, I'm looking for ride-sharing/cost-splitting
opportunities. Or at least ideas about how to productively bird on a
budget. I'm interested in getting in with a group to go to the Mallee
Country, especially Round Hill wildlife refuge near lake Cargelligo
(sp?) My sister has told me that trying to travel alone out there would
be fool-hardy. And besides, going in a group is much more fun when you
can share the birding experience. At any rate, I'm grateful for any help
in this.

Cheers,
Will

Hello,

    My Name is Will Bertsche, and I heard about your organization from
my sister, Katie Bertsche. I'll be visiting Australia for a couple of
months doing work for my company, and I'm looking to do some birding
during that period of time. I'm trying to find out whether there are any

trips or groups of people planning to do birding from around the middle
of october to the end of November (with a good deal of free time from
the middle to the end of October). I'm especially interested in anyone
going to Round Hill or thereabouts. Any information you could provide or

direct me to would be much appreciated.

Thanks Many,
Will

--