birding-aus

Ferals on Oz list

To: "Tom Tarrant" <>, "Vicki PS" <>
Subject: Ferals on Oz list
From: "Robert Read" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:12:01 +0930
To be fair to the Qld Museum it is unlikely that the developer asked "Are
Mallards part of the Queensland avifauna?".
Quite possibly the question was "Are there wild Mallards in Qld?", or
something similarly badly phrased.
Hardly reasonable to blame the museum when the questioner is too lazy to go
to the library (or walk into a bookshop and pretend to interested in buying
a field guide).

Robert Read

, apparently they asked the Queensland
> Museum if Mallards were part of the Qld avifauna and were told they were!
(So