birding-aus

Re: Ferals on Oz list/Spring visitors

To: "Tom Tarrant" <>
Subject: Re: Ferals on Oz list/Spring visitors
From: "Vicki PS" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:16:01 +1000
Hi Tom

Thanks for giving the background to the "duck dilemma".  I am quite cheered
to hear that the company is seriously interested in both the image and the
reality of the development in question.  Shame they were given misleading
advice -- I suppose it just goes to show that, in order to get the right
answer, you  have to know the right questions to ask!

On an entirely unrelated note, I was delighted that our yard (tinder-dry and
very sad-looking at present) was visited yesterday by a golden whistler, a
grey shrike-thrush and a black faced-monarch, foraging together around noon.
Golden whistlers are regular spring/summer residents, but the shrike-thrush
and monarch were, I assume, just passing through. (Only the second time I've
recorded the latter two species in the backyard/immediate environs, my list
for which now stands at 86 species).

Vicki PS