birding-aus

Wader ID Day Toorbul

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Wader ID Day Toorbul
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:19:57 +1000
Dear All,

Pardon me if I'm repeating this, but I don't recall seeing a posting
from Linda about the Queensland Wader Study Group wader ID day
tomorrow Sunday 17th Sept at the Toorbul wader roost, in the
Pumicestone Passage, SEQld. Anyone is welcome, and there will be
experienced people there with telescopes you can look through. These
ID days are aimed at helping people to learn to identify waders.

Meet at the roost at 10am for a high tide around 12.30pm. Note that
the tide is over 2 metres, which, combined with a SE breeze, will
completely inundate the roost by high tide, causing the waders to
head for a higher roost.

Picnic & BBQ facilities are just by the roost, plus plenty of shade.

Directions:
Toorbul is east of the Bruce Highway opposite the southern part of
Bribie Island. Take the Donnybrook/Toorbul turnoff at The Big Fish.
Once you find the Toorbul waterfront (Esplanade) turn south and
follow it to the end of the bitumen, right by the roost.

I hope I don't go online now and find that Linda has done a similar
posting. If so, sorry.

Cheers,

Jill
--