birding-aus

Movement of cuckoos

To: "Daubeney, Giles" <>, "'Laurence Living'" <>, "birding" <>, "ken & vivien harris" <>, "Ian Rainbow" <>, "Geoff Walker" <>
Subject: Movement of cuckoos
From: "Keith Johnson" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:48:00 +1000
For info, Pink Lakes is alive with Pallid Cuckoos particularly around Lake
Crosbie. A Malaysian friend and I saw about 12 in a hour around the main
camping area late on Saturday afternoon. We saw a few more and one
Horsfield's Bronze on Sunday on a drive around the ring road.

Prior to the quick visit to Pink Lakes we spent a couple of days at
Wyperfeld (Wonga camp site area). The only cuckoos we saw were Fantail
Cuckoos.