birding-aus

Sleepy lunchtime ..... and Deep Egrets

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Sleepy lunchtime ..... and Deep Egrets
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,
Geeeeee it's cold and wet lately down here but much
smiling with the beaut rains were getting. So filled
with a good helping of thick pea and ham soup and some
yummy fresh bread and butter rolls. Feet up with a
warm glowing sensation, and Eggy sat on my belly, I
thought wouldn't it be nice to get a really generous
sponsor for the twicthathon? someone kind and
benevolent enough to make this years "Twitchathon" the
best ever known. So I thought about that for a while
as I checked out my internal eyelids deep in thought.
"The phone rings" it's Hugo!!!! stunned as I struggle
to try to remember my old Long Range Sniper days and
how to address dignitaries. Quickly, I think "Sir
Hugo, how are you?" "fine comes back the voice",
"John, we have a very special gift for you to give to
the absolute solitary winner of your next competition"
it's a stretched Limousine of pure white in color and
has been hand polished for the past two days. It
glistens. It's superb. It's a masterpiece in creation
and very very economical on fuel. It has a special
appeal to us that love Egrets. So could you run a
competition with that as the feature, perhaps a "Deep
Egrets" competition? ..... stunned as I thought is
this all true or is "Hugo" having a go at me? I'm not
dreaming I thought? or am I? Okay, how could I run
this competition I think? THEE competition of all
competitions?? I'll be famous, a legend in my own
mind, perhaps? birds will flock to me. I'll show that
Hugo I can do this? "Ding Dong" eyes open it's the
Ozpost Parcel delivery fellow with a UK parcel for
this birthday month boy? Hmmmmm was I asleep? I open
the parcel to find my nephew David has sent me a
stretched limo (white) for my birthday pressie? :-] He
remembers the time when I picked him and his family up
from Tullamarine in one, hehehe. He tells me to use
the car to raise funds for all good looking Oz birds
...... what a lovely nephew. Geeeee and for a POME car
it's in good nick hahahaha Okay, thinking caps on
chaps ...... and I've come up with these four as quiz
questions with a car as first
and only prize eh. :-]

The Chinese Egret when breeding, resembles which other
bird?

The Snowy Egret can be found where? it's range please.

What three colors could the legs of a Cattle Egret be?

Which French singer made the song " No Egrets" famous
:-]

Hope that's made it tougher for them Unca Tones?

As I go right orf singing .....

" Noooooo, No Egrets,"
" soon will well have No Egrets,"
" as they leave,"
" you hear me say,"
" they were my kings,"
" but for only a day,"

Night Night all I think I'm going to get a headache
from Wussell soon ..... why do I always get headaches
at lunchtime.

JAG