birding-aus

Paradise Parrot

To: "birding-aus, " <>
Subject: Paradise Parrot
From: "Terry Pacey" <>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:54:32 +1000
The following is the first part of an article in today's "Courier Mail".
The whole article makes interesting reading......

One of the Australian mainland birds believed driven to extinction - the
paradise parrot - has reportedly been sighted within 10Okm of Brisbane.

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service NatureScarch manager Ric Nattrass said
the the agency was taking seriously the sightings from two reputable sources
and planned to mount a new search for the spectacular parrot next month.

"Speaking with both of these people, it certainly raised my hopes," he said.

Mr Nattrass said the locations of the sightings would remain a secret or
"we'd have the bloody countryside swarming with people looking for them".

Terry Pacey
TOOWOOMBA QLD 4350