birding-aus

A visit to my new Granddaughter

Subject: A visit to my new Granddaughter
From: Richard Wood <>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 06:16:50 -0700
Good morning Aus birdos from Tucson, AZ, US.

I have the great opportunity to come to Australia to see and play with my new granddaughter, Katlin Elizabeth Wood, MT Colah, NSW, Australia. I expect to be in Australia most of October and November of this year (after the Olympics).

I am hoping to get around some of the areas to do some birding between holding the new arrival (she is 7 weeks old as of this writing).

The purpose of this "announcement" is to request, to those who would like to respond, sending me any birding\nature\historical\cultural outing or trips(including pelagic) that you think I might be able to "wrangle" an invitation to allow me to tag along and learn about the subject (sorry about the long sentence).

I would also like to help, if possible, with any atlassing, censussing(?) if any are going to happen while I am there. I will be willing to pay for petrol and a lunch for the host, if allowed to tag along.

I don't believe I will be driving as I am not confident yet about driving on your side of the road.

I am also interested in purchasing any computer mapping programs that will work with my Garmin GPS unit.

For those birding-aus members that offer tours\services to visiting birdos, I am also interested in knowing what trips may be available during this period.

Please reply to me so not to crown the bandwidth.

Thanks in advance and if anyone is planning a trip to southeast Arizona, I will be willing to help you plan it and discuss using our "haciendita" as a base for your birding here.

Good Birding

Dick Wood
Tucson, AZ

N32-16'-53.5"      W111-04'-22.5"
http://www.azstarnet.com/~pawood

En la tierra del sol y el cactus saguaro