birding-aus

Cuckoos

To: <>, "Russell Woodford" <>
Subject: Cuckoos
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:34:53 +1000
The same happens up in Canberra, which is not quite so way down south (by up I mean altitudinally). The Fantailed Cuckoo is the one that consistently has low numbers in winter, the other Cuckoos inconsistently have much lower numbers during winter. All this is based on the data in the book: Birds of Canberra Gardens, which as I've often said, provides graphs of the monthly and long term abundance of most of the 100 most common species around here, based on 17 years continuous survey data.
PV