birding-aus

*Hello Lloyd*

To: Lloyd Nielsen <>
Subject: *Hello Lloyd*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:10:52 -0700 (PDT)
Lloyd "me young darlin" if the water holds salt? and
trees keep the water table down with the salt in it?
then great lets buy the water for salt production eh?

Lloyd Nielsen <> wrote:

There is an article (special supplement) in the latest
'Habitat' (August 2000) - the ACF magazine - on
Australia's woodlands and their decline. One point
which caught my eye was this one  - "A major destroyer
of vegetation, AMP, owns the biggest cattle herd in
Australia and holds permits to clear more than 100,000
hectares of bush (equivalent to one fifth of
Australia's total annual clearing rate) through its
subsidiary, Stanbroke Pastoral Company."

Thank you Lloyd much appreciated info that :-]>>>>>>

And did anyone see the Federal Forestry Minister,
Wilson Tuckey, on Lateline tonight (Thursday)?

Just before I had some wild Tuckey that tasted great I
did.

After visiting some areas which had huge salt
problems, he made the observation that trees were most
inefficient at alleviating the salt problem.

Really wow .... wonder how this planet has managed to
survive these few short years of it's life eh?

His suggestion was for large numbers of electric pumps
to be installed, preferably powered by solar. These
would pump the water out, lower the water table, take
the salt down and bingo - the problem would be solved.

The idea is from someone not involved in far sighted
planning eh?

And that's straight from the horse's mouth!!

Neigh your not serious?

He was quite serious as he always is!

Oh Oh Now I'm worried, mercury in Banana's can do that
as can lead in the atmosphere? Oh oh my great friend
Lloyd is serious.

Why hasn't CSIRO thought of that?  Fair dinkum!!

Lloyd Nielsen,
Mt Molloy, Nth Qld.

P.S. It's more then just salt in the underground years
old water table .......... Lloyd come down here mate,
good friend, get out of the sun, we have none down
here but soon Queensland will give us Acid rain, Toe
Knee and I also have a beaut bottle each we share wiv
ya.

"Stop eating those Banana's"

John A. Gamblin :-]>>>>>>> wonder if I could get
sponsors to donate to BA if I get my beard taken orf
and my locks sheared?