birding-aus

Yellow-throated Miner & Honeyeaters

Subject: Yellow-throated Miner & Honeyeaters
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:06:16 +0800
I was just walking back to my office from lunch at the Argyle Diamond Mine
in the north east Kimberley of WA when I heard a commotion in a tree.  I
looked up to see a Yellow-throated Miner with a Grey-fronted Honeyeater in
its bill with one or two other Grey-fronted and about six Brown Honeyeaters
very close.  The Grey-fronted Honeyeater got free after maybe two seconds
(minus a few feathers) and attacked the Yellow-throated Miner with some of
the other honeyeaters and a few seconds later the Yellow-throated Miner
flew off pursued by a couple of the honeyeaters.