birding-aus

Record for my backyard

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Record for my backyard
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 09:56:30 -0700
Hello Birding-ausers,

Last week (30/7/2000 to 5/8/2000) was a record week for my backyard bird list.
The total number of bird species observed was 33.
The highest number recorded for any week since I started a formal weekly list in March 1994.

Here is the list:
Little Pied Cormorant
Straw-necked Ibis
Australian White Ibis
Spotted Turtle Dove
Rock Dove
Crested Pigeon
Galah
Little Corella
Rainbow Lorikeet
Scaly-breasted Lorikeet
Pale-headed Rosella
Laughing Kookaburra
Sacred Kingfisher
Striated Pardalote
Little Wattlebird
Little Friarbird
Noisy Friarbird
Blue-faced Honeyeater
Brown Honeyeater
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike
Olive-backed Oriole
Figbird
Grey Butcherbird
Pied Butcherbird
Magpie-lark
Australian Magpie
Spangled Drongo
Torresian Crow
House Sparrow
Tree Martin
Silvereye
Common Starling
Common Myna

Not bad for a residential suburban area that is steadily being degraded by a local authority with vision.
There is a potential for an even bigger list at the moment because the above list lacks several species seen during the previous few weeks.

Bob Inglis
Woody point SEQld,
27 deg 15min 18 sec S; 153 deg 5 min 38 sec E
E-mail:
WWW: http://www.powerup.com.au/~inglisrc