birding-aus

A Field Guide to the Birds of China

To: "Birding-Oz" <>, <>
Subject: A Field Guide to the Birds of China
From: "Victor Yue" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:17:43 +0800
Hi folks,
Thought some of you might be interested that this book is available. I have just bought mine in Singapore.

This field guide, in English, by John MacKinnon and Karen Philipps, is in the familiar Oxford University Press quality. Over 1,300 species described and illustrated in 128 top-quality plates, including many species from the Oriental region. Complete with distribution maps and chapters on the ecology of China and practical birding tips.

Compared to the two field guides that I have, one in English and one in Chinese, this one looks superior.

Cheers!

Victor