birding-aus

Quantum programme and bird names

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Quantum programme and bird names
From: Lloyd Nielsen <>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 16:55:41 +1000
That Quantum programme on the waders at Broome last Thursday night that someone mentioned -  Quantum is repeated tomorrow (Monday 3 July) at 12.30 PM.  I missed most of it too - would be worth recording - the little I saw was very interesting.

A bit of trivia - looked at a website for a beach house from the central coast of NSW earlier today.  One page was designed to promote the birds, no doubt with an eye to the birdwatching market.  However, the turnoff was that they had a resident pair of LADDER WING KITES which nested by the sea each year, also HONEY  CATERS and WEDGE TALL SHEARWATERS moving in black masses and  SKINNING across the waves.

Probably someone trying to decipher some bad writing but what a  way to destroy one's credibility in just a few words!

Reminds me of the local reporter here who wrote about STRAWNY IBIS a while back!

Lloyd Nielsen
Mt Molloy  Nth Qld Birding-Aus is on the Web at www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message "unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line) to