birding-aus

RFI Iron Range

To: "BirdingAus" <>
Subject: RFI Iron Range
From: "Judith Hoyle" <>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:03:04 +1000
Dear Birding Ausers

I am planning a trip to Iron Range later in the year.  We will have a week some time in October or November.  What is the earliest time of the year when we could expect all the migrants to be around?  Any suggestions about guided/unguided trips, getting there, hiring a 4wd, accommodation and supplies, etc.  Recent guided and unguided trip reports would also be very much appreciated.  Is it relatively easy to get the specialties without the aid of tape recordings?

Also info on Cairns district would be great as we are planning to spend  a few days there at the end of the trip.  Please respond directly to the above e-mail.

Many thanks

Judith Hoyle