birding-aus

fungi

To: <>, "Victoria Quinton" <>
Subject: fungi
From: "Scott O'Keeffe" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:05:06 +1000
An interesting question.  I have often wondered the same thing.  Just
yesterday, while camping on Fraser Island, I saw a Grey Shrike Thrush
breaking up and eating a small piece of field mushroom which fell out of a
sandwich.  Does this mean that Gray Shrike Thrushes sometimes consume
mushrooms (under "natural" circumstances)?

Scott O'Keeffe