birding-aus

I've got a feeder for you to perch on

To: <>
Subject: I've got a feeder for you to perch on
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:50:29 +1000

> Chris, Karen and all... This tune was discussed a couple of weeks ago on
> Birding-Aus, and Edwin Vella suggested I LIKE BIRDS could well be a
> swansong, pardon my pun.
> snip

 Thanks Chris & Lorne for the info, sorry I missed it when mentioned last
time.  Should have known birding-aus would have the answers  !!  I can't
wait to hear the song in its entirety now cos it sounded great.   Lorne,
what is the rest of the album like as I wouldn't mind buying it to get hold
of the bird song.

I was way off with 'Detachable Penis' but in case I've puzzled some
subscribers I've researched it a little and it was by King Missile.  'Jesus
Was Way Cool' was another of theirs.  The singer was John S. Hall and his
lyrics were so good that they can be poetry.  Turns out some of them have
been compiled in a volume of poetry and published as "Jesus Was Way Cool".
Even winning a National Book Award nomination.

To conclude (and back to birds) I had a marvellous bird weekend helping with
a Superb Wren survey on the Saturday - what a glorious way to start the
weekend.  Then birding at Braeside Park (Melb) on the Sunday I reached my
highest bird count ever (I still consider myself a newbie at this) of
SIXTEEN species positively ID'd.   With my non-birding partner along with me
I **almost** felt like an expert  :-)    Hearing the song this morning
topped it off quite nicely.   While nothing like Tim's list at Yarra Bend
(which is now on my next-to-do list), I too was surprised by the winter bird
activity around.

Regards
Karen, Hampton VIC.