birding-aus

RE: Brush Bronzewing in the Capertee Valley

To: David Geering <>, andrew stafford <>
Subject: RE: Brush Bronzewing in the Capertee Valley
From: Rod Gardner <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:27:53 +1000
David, Andrew, and John

I may be of some relevance to this discussion that a Brush Bronzewing
turned up in one of the parks behind Maroubra Beach in the Eastern
Suburbs of Sydney a couple of weeks ago. Amazingly this appears to be a
first record for the Randwick Council area, according to the Council's
official bird list. Randwick includes the well-watched Centennial Park,
and runs down to Botany Bay along the coastal strip. Of course, this
doesn't mean that BBs have never turned up here before, but it suggests
that they'reat least very unusual. Their nearest regular haunt that I'm
aware of is the Royal National Park, I think about 20 odd km to the south.
Anyway, two instances of something prove nothing, but maybe there is a
little movement of Brush Bronzewings going on at the moment.

Rod Gardner