birding-aus

RE: Capertee Valley

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: RE: Capertee Valley
From: David Geering <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:16:40 +1000
Andrew Stafford wrote: Further to your reply to John re the Capertee Valley,
might I draw your attention to two sightings of
Beautiful Firetail I know of in the area. Both were in
early-mid winter: one by myself outside the gates of
the Rose & Crown homestead, July 1998; another by Tony
Palliser, July 1997. So I knew this bird occurred in
the area, and was aware of sightings by other birders,
but wished to draw your attention to these two as they
confirm your statement that the birds seem to be
winter visitors. Does anyone know of further
information on the movements of these birds?

I don't know of anyone that might have a handle on movements of Beautiful
Firetails.  Any of the Blue Mountain people able to help out?

Cheers

David Geering