birding-aus

Eungella HE site

Subject: Eungella HE site
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:11:16 +1000 (EST)
Hi Andrew (and others) - sorry about that, I too get frustrated by
assumptions on the part of others. (It's probably in part because I
distribute T&T for the authors, that I assume everyone's got it!) THanks too
for your courtesy - not everyone remembers that we don't get paid for
posting such reports!

Drive up to Eungella from Mackay via Marian, following the signs. At the
very top of the steep climb, turn right (ie away from the park) onto
Dalrymple Rd. Follow it for a touch over 16k, and turn left onto Chelmans Rd
(just after Snake Rd). Follow it for a few kms (sorry, didn't measure it) to
the Forestry gate and sign at the end. But, if it's wet, stop at the gate
through the big deer fence past the house, before the track narrows. (THe
owner will talk your ears off, but he's very friendly.) From here it's less
than a half km to the end of the track. The birds 'should' be within
200-300m. Good luck!

Ian
Ian Fraser, Canberra
Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Writing Consultancy
GPO Box 3268, Canberra, ACT 2601
ph: 02 6249 1560  fax: 02 6247 3227
---

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"