birding-aus

Common Mynas outside urban areas

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Common Mynas outside urban areas
From: "Irene" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:31:51 +1000
In 508 sightings that I've recorded of Common Mynas since October 1991, the
following might be considered to be outside
"urban" areas, though in some instances a town and resident people are only
about 4 km away.  Nevertheless, some of the below
comprise bush in a reasonably natural state.  All of the rest of my sightings
of Common Mynas were well and truly in
residential areas, towns and cities.

24/8/93         Cattle Creek lagoon, 10km from Ingham (QLD) (perhaps a few
scattered farmhouses within 8-10km radius)
22/4/95         Agnes Banks Nature Reserve (Sydney, near Penrith)
19/1/97         Cotter Road near Stromlo Forest (ACT)
23/1/98         Pejar Dam, about 20km north of Goulburn on way to Crookwell (a
large farm about 3km away but isolated farm
buildings)
26/1/99         Cecil Hopkins Reserve, Moss Vale (NSW) (closest people less
than 1 km)
1997/98 Seen 4 times in mangroves along Haslams Creek, Homebush (Sydney) when
undertaking the RAOU Homebush Bay (Olympics)
surveys (closest resident people about 3km away)
8/10/95         2KY Saltmarsh, Homebush (Sydney) when undertaking the RAOU
Homebush Bay (Olympics) surveys

Irene Denton
Concord West, 12 km from Sydney city, NSW, Australia