birding-aus

Lake Eyre RFI

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Lake Eyre RFI
From: "Karina Mercer" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:59:35 +0930
Regarding the recent questions on what's happening at Lake Eyre, some researchers from the Uni of Adelaide are doing work on environmental flows and have organised several month-long field trips to look at...just about everything! Water, fish, birds, plants, animals, reptiles etc. I (annoyingly) missed out on the April trip, but am signed up for the August one if a place becomes available, and first cab off the rank for the April 2001 trip.

April this year would have been spectacular, given all the rain, but I'm really wishing - with no malice - that someone drops out so I can have a gander in August. I have not been to this region before, so I'm looking forward to it.  Best of all- no cost to me, just my time and expertise. Wonder whose getting the better deal?!

Ms Karina Mercer
4 Shirley Avenue
Felixstow SA 5070

Ph: (08) 8365 3020