birding-aus

Golden and Rufous Whistlers

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Golden and Rufous Whistlers
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:27:07 +0930
Hi there birders,

Last Saturday while working in our garden I saw a male Golden Whistler and a male Rufous Whistler. The sightings were within a few minutes of each other. Neither bird was calling. We have not seen them in our garden for nearly six months. They are irregular visitors to our garden but are widespread in this area. The Rufous whistler was seen again on Monday morning.

How much do these species move around?

Happy birding,

Trevor hampel
Murray Bridge