birding-aus

Gluepot Update

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Gluepot Update
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:52:07 +0930
Hi all,

I happened to be at Gluepot again last Saturday. On the way in, I saw two Black-eared Miners still in Taylorville Station, recently acquired by the Bookmark Biosphere Reserve, directly adjacent south of Gluepot. (The track to Gluepot goes through it). This is an area the size of Gluepot and supporting the same species.
A Gilbert's Whistler was showing off, Chestnut Quail-thrushes were running around everywhere, and Major Mitchells flew over.
The rangers have done an excellent job refurbishing the registration shearing shed. There is now a whiteboard with interesting sightings, one of which showed that there are still Orange Chats around.
The place looks fabulous after decent rains through February and March. However some of the tracks have deteriorated badly. Therefore grading of tracks will commence this week. Many visitors from eastern states are expected over Easter while they should find excellent track conditions please note that grading costs around $2,000 (including in-kind & real $$) each round, so please drive carefully to keep the tracks in good nick.
I hope visitors will have a good time and see many interesting birds. I hope it's not out of place here toa ask that if you do, leave your appreciation for all the work done by volunteers in the donation box in the shearing shed. Ongoing management of Gluepot continues to cost around $38,000 per year.
I am constructing a website for the reserve so if anyone has suggestions, ideas, or material to share, I'd be only too happy to know.

Cheer

Peter Waanders

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally
privileged.  Use or disclosure of the information by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise by return e-mail.