birding-aus

Short-tailed Grasswren RFI

Subject: Short-tailed Grasswren RFI
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:02:58 +0900

Michael, is this having a dig at me? I could interpret your message along
the lines of you thinking some people's priorities are misplaced - but I
would never jump to that conclusion of course. But if that is where your
thinking lies, kindly allow me to set my own priorities as I allow others
to set theirs without passing veiled comment.

At 09:36  3/04/00 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi Irene
>
>The answer is sit and wait.  *** My response  - Wait for what?

And in the meantime a football field of native vegetation in Queensland is
being destroyed every 90 seconds.

 My response - ***** Yes, and this awful thing will happen whether people
look for the grasswren or not. Fortunately the clearing in Queensland is
remote from the areas home to the new Kalkadoon Grasswren (Amytornis
ballarae, formerly a subspecies of Amytornis purnelli, see Schodde and
Mason p119) which I will also look for this year. Hope you noted this one
too Irene. In the meantime I have thanked Ian for his excellent information.
Tony.
Tony Russell,
  Adelaide, South Australia
  phone : 08 8337 5959  , o/s 61 8 8337 5959
  e-mail:
  There's nothing quite like the feeling of seeing a new bird is there?

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"