birding-aus

twitchers have enthusiasm and "disposable income"

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: twitchers have enthusiasm and "disposable income"
From: David Geering <>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:59:46 +1000
Folks I have tried sending the following to birding-aus with no success.
Russell tells me that there is a filter on the word "money" and I needed to
find another word to get it through.  The message is still applicable.

I really don't want to get involved in a discussion involving the merits of
twitching and the like but I couldn't let the following opportunity go by:
"The old fogy element at the RAOU need to get their brains out of mothballs
and learn how to live with us proletarians - twitchers have enthusiasm and
money."

I would dearly like to see some of that enthusiasm out in the Capertee
Valley in a fortnight (8-9 April) where other birdwatchers (and other
members of the broader community), also with unbounded enthusiasm, will be
busy planting a total of 4 500 trees and shrubs for our struggling woodland
birds, the Regent Honeyeater being the flagship species in this case.

In the past I have seen only a couple of the faces whose names regularly
appear with reports of what they have seen in the Capertee Valley actually
at one of these weekends (we have been planting trees since 1994).  Now is
your chance, or if you haven't been there before this is a wonderful
opportunity to do so.

If you are interested please contact either myself or Jane Miller
 for further details.

Cheers

David Geering

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"