birding-aus

Re: birding-aus VBR = Vic. Bird Report

To: "Peter Lansley" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>, "cog-l" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus VBR = Vic. Bird Report
From: "Philip A Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:40:38 +1000
Peter,
Yes, you're right, sort of. I point out that the COG ABR considers a region,
that is a far greater area than Canberra and extends well beyond the ACT
into NSW, although most of the detailed survey stuff is on the Canberra
area. However, you are talking about reports for political areas (a bird
report for Victoria rather than south east Australia). If it is irrelevant
that ACT is politically separate, then why is an ABR for a politically
defined area such as Victoria of any relevance? I am being a little bit
pedantic. The issue is to compile records of what happens to the birds,
political distinctions are mostly just conveniences or inconveniences,
except where management regimes differ. I wish you well in getting the
Victorian report going again.