birding-aus

Great Crested Grebes

To: <>
Subject: Great Crested Grebes
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:37:28 +1000
On the subject of Great Crested Grebes, has anybody seen them recently around Sydney or Newcastle? I haven't come accross them for awhile. Where are they all in NSW or Australia as a whole? What is the largest ever occurrence for them in Australia?. I only live a couple of km from Prospect Reservoir (about 40km west of Sydney),and used to see them everytime I went there. There has been records of about 100 GC Grebes at this Reservoir in the past but have not seen them there for 3 years.

Edwin