birding-aus

Child. Lit. - Spangled Drongo

Subject: Child. Lit. - Spangled Drongo
From: Victoria Quinton <>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 16:52:04 +1100
I just love that name.

It was a highlight of my life to see a real on in Qld about 10 years ago.

Would a drawing competition about "what do you imagine a Spangled Drongo; A
Bush Thick-Knee,  a Pied Oystercatcher, etc" to look like?  be a good idea?

At 03:14 PM 3/8/00 +1000, you wrote:
>The debate of how we get children interested in
>birds appears from time to time on birding.aus. To add to
>this I came across a review of a book entitled "The
>Spangled Drongo", published by the University of Queensland
>Press - ISBN 0521599563.
>
>The review reads:
>
>"In this verse novel, eleven year old Sam reveals his tale.
>He is obsessed with soccer, and lives with an eccentric
>aunt, whose passion is for art and Indian food. Sam's' life
>changes when he befriends Jessica, a new neighbour who not
>only loves soccer, but spends most her time birdwatching in
>the hope of spotting the elusive spangled drongo... It is a
>wonderful book for a range of ages."
>
>Sounds fun. Also as a Victorian - how elusive is the
>Spangled Drongo?
>
>Tim
>

>_______________________________________
>Tim Dolby
>Product Manager
>RMIT Publishing - incorporating Informit
>RMIT University
>Phone: (03) 9341 3271 FAX: (03) 9349 4583
>http://www.informit.com.au
>http://www.rmitpublishing.com.au
>

>To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
>Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"
>in the message body (without the quotes)

Victoria Quinton

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~mermaid

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"