birding-aus

Suburban-birds

To: "Pat O'Malley" <>
Subject: Suburban-birds
From: Peter Woodall <>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:49:51 +1000
At 08:59 27/02/2000 +1100, you wrote:
>We've had an E Spinebill resident in our Hawthorn backyard all late
>
>All of this raises a question: is anyone out there aware of (or engaged in)
>any urban/metropolitan species-mapping? I can't remember the last time
>anyone posted even an inner/middle-suburban birdlist.
>
>Pat O'Malley

Hi Pat

I'm certainly interested in suburban birds. We're just at the end of a Garden
Bird Survey organised through the Qld Ornithological Society Inc, which follows
one held exactly 20 years ago.
It will be interesting to see if the data support the many differences we
subjectively feel have happened to the avifauna. I'll keep you posted.

Yours

Pete

Dr Peter Woodall                          email =
Division of Vet Pathology & Anatomy
School of Veterinary Science.             Phone = +61 7 3365 2300
The University of Queensland              Fax   = +61 7 3365 1355
Brisbane, Qld, Australia 4072             WWW  = http://www.uq.edu.au/~anpwooda
"hamba phezulu" (= "go higher" in isiZulu)

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"