birding-aus

Towra Point

To: <>
Subject: Towra Point
From: "Keith Egan" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 18:48:24 +1100
Yes the Little Terns have left the island some may still be seen at Boat Harbour with some of the fledged young.
A point has to be made on the regrowth of the Bitou bush on the causeway, When the friends of Towra Point program was launched in 1998 we had volunteers numbering 120 This number dwindled very fast and at present we have the stayers numbering 6 dedicated people hence some of the regrowth as we are spread thin on the ground and it is hard to be in all places on a regular basis
So come on any volunteers out there and boost our numbers.
Ring Ranger Geogina Eldershaw
Kurnell NPWS
9668 9111