birding-aus

For whom the bird tolls?

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: For whom the bird tolls?
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:42:27 -0800 (PST)
Well I'm quite stunned at the moment?
Why?
Well whilst helping out with some neighbours to
relocate to the small township of Bittern, from
Hastings foreshore ( for sure ) we stopped in the heat
for our Pome regulation Tea Break and a few seconds
later that unmistakeable call of a BellBird echo's
around us, we quickly realise it's more then one that
is close by? no less then five. Come on Tony Russell
top that if you can? and only a kilometre from my home
near the rail track? I'm off with my trusty handheld
cassette recorder, just wish me luck as I go in search
of a better recording of the picalo player? this fella
ain't getting away this time .... Ooroo all and many
thanks for what for me has been a bad week.

Looking out the window I see a big bushfire on French
Island raging hope the boys get to it fast.