birding-aus

Sad loss of a good birder and friend

To: "" <>
Subject: Sad loss of a good birder and friend
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:34:54 +1000
Just thought I might add my thoughts on the loss of our great friend and
birder, Tony Ashby. Tony was instrumental in setting up many pelagic
trips that I have attended off the Gold Coast with Paul Walbridge, he
was a man of great humour and always managed to make the worst trips a
pleasure to be on. He also helped me see many 'lifers' and never seemed
to use his binoculars!
Unfortunately recently due to financial and domestic commitments I've
been unable to attend and was unable to say goodbye in person, here's
hoping that you are at peace and the birding excellent, Tony.
Maybe we will meet on another pelagic one day!
Tom Tarrant
Dayboro, Qld

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"