birding-aus

A Thank You to BIRDING-AUS

Subject: A Thank You to BIRDING-AUS
From: "Bud & Margaret Widdowson" <>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 00:18:40 PST
Dear BIRDING-AUS

I hope that this is not inapropriate, but we wanted to take a minute to thank the list for helping us in your country. My wife and I put out a plea for help in birding Victoria and locating some banding opportunities. We were very happy with the responses and have had some excellent experiences that would have passed us by had we not checked in with BIRDING-AUS. It is a brilliant forum and we have been pleased to take part. Additionally, we are very impressed with your land, people and avifauna. It has been an unforgettable trip.

A special thanks goes out to Rev. Chris Coleborn for a super day out birding the Northern Vic area (~150 spp.). Also, Charles Sandbrink and Khalid Al-Dabbagh for organizing a day banding at Rushworth.

We have a few weeks to go and will continue to avail ourselves of this limitless resource. We will write up our full trip results in late March, and will be sure to post them on the list. Please feel free to drop us a line if planning a trip to Northern California.

Thanks and Good Birding,

Bud & Margaret Widdowson

   (after April 2000)