birding-aus

Re: Fiji

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Fiji
From: "S Cooney" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:57:41 +1100
Having received several very informative replies to this request I thought
I should summarise the responses to my questions.

1.      Field Guide

It is universally accepted (as far as responses went) that Pratt et al is
the best field guide for Fiji

2.      Tour Guides

No tour guide was known by the respondees, but most thought that it would
be unnecessary anyway and that the best approach would be to hire a car and
do it myself.

I received a couple of trip reports and a checklist or two.  If anyone is
interested I would be happy to forward them to you.

Once again, thank you to the people that replied.  In the past couple of
weeks I have corresponded and met a few people from Birding-Aus and am
always happily surprised at how friendly, willing to help and generous with
information the birding community is.

Regards,

Stuart