birding-aus

birding-aus Young Turks

Subject: birding-aus Young Turks
From: Laurence and Leanne Knight <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:05:54 +1000
I had three young turkeys [this season's hatchlings from Lord Jim's
mound] poking around my yard together this afternoon.  Already the
eldest understands that it is the biggest and normal turkey dominance
rules apply when there is food to be squabbled over.  The eldest appears
to be about a month older than the youngest.

Given that turkeys receive no parental attention once they hatch, is it
common for young turks to move around as a family group?

Regards, Laurie.

quotes)