birding-aus

birding-aus Location of Tullakool Salt Basins

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Location of Tullakool Salt Basins
From: "John Nankervis" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:17:05 +1100
Further to my recent message regarding outing to Tullakool Salt Basins, I
neglected to give details concerning its location.

The Tullakool Salt Basins are situated approximately 40km north of Barham
N.S.W on the Barham - Moulamein Rd.

Travelling north from Barham the basins are divided into two stages.

Stage 2 on the west side of the road - we have access to this by key.

Stage 1 on the east is under lease by Cheetham Salt and they have knocked
back our application for  ongoing access.  However I know the site manager
and he
does not mind birdos going out on the weekends or public holidays,
especially in the bays furthest east.

My apologies for this oversight.

John  Nankervis
21 Punt Rd