birding-aus

birding-aus Seasons greetings and 1999 highlights.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Seasons greetings and 1999 highlights.
From: "Bruce Cox" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 07:20:38 +1100
Hi everyone.
I have been subscribing to Birding-as for about two months now and this is my first e-mail to the group. I think that Birding-aus is just great and that Russell is doing a magnificent job.
My 1999 highlights-- above all just being out there with a pair of bino,s around my neck is the best turnon. As for other highlights, mostly new birds of which there has been 22 this year, starting with a pair of Pink Robins at Errinundra National Park in Victoria and finishing [to date] with a pair of Grey Honeyeaters at Kunoth Well near Alice Springs. In between these were mostly arid country birds except for 3 pelagics seen at Magic Point[ courtesy of Rod. Gardner].The best of the arid country birds-- Inland Dotteral, Gibberbird, Banded Whiteface, Rufus-crowned Emu-wren, Slaty -backed Thornbill and Spinifexbird.
Best wishes for the festive season and great birding in the year 2000.
Bruce Cox.