birding-aus

birding-aus Albino Figbird

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Albino Figbird
From: "Jenny B" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:54:15 +1000
Hello all
I was called to my local Vet today, to help identify a baby bird which had been found on the ground here in Pomona.
It turned out to be an albino Figbird (the second found in this town .. the last one several years ago).  The people who found it are prepared to try and raise it themselves, although I have heard that the chances for survival of an albino bird in the wild are pretty remote.  Can anyone verify this?  Also, what is one to do with a bird such as this if it cannot be released?

Jenny Bradford,
Pomona, Qld, Australia