birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Birding-aus Unusual Rosella

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Re: Birding-aus Unusual Rosella
From: "Colin Richardson" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:20:16 +1000
Terry Pacey's unusual rosella sounds to me like a luteinistic sport. It
reminds me of the time in 1976 when I was driving between Ardlethan and
Ariah Park in south NSW, and I saw a similarly coloured bird which was part
of a flock of Red-rumped Parrots, and was in fact paired with a normal
female Red-rump. I wrote it up for the Canberra BOC (?) newsletter at the
time - and that is what more informed people than I considered it to be - a
luteinistic sport.

Interesting!

Colin T. Richardson
P.O. Box 86, LAE 411, PNG