birding-aus

birding-aus Red-rumped Swallows

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Red-rumped Swallows
From: Phil Gregory <>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:35:02 +1000
Greetings bird folks,
A quick bit of news from Far North Queensland is that Ken Spriggs, Del
Richards and I  found 3 Red-rumped Swallows about 100m beyond Mossman
Golf Club along the road to Newell Beach on Thursday Nov 18, and a
single Barn Swallow nearby. Worth a look if you are heading this way. We
also saw a single Great-billed Heron flying over cane fields near the
Daintree ferry crossing.
Also about 30 Fork-tailed Swifts and a couple of White-throated
Needletails, the Fork-tails being the first I'd seen this season, no
doubt associated with the thundery conditions.
Happy birding
Phil Gregory, Cassowary House, Kuranda

quotes)