birding-aus

birding-aus Alaskan Trip Report

To: "BirdingAus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Alaskan Trip Report
From: "Judith Hoyle" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:30:51 +1100

This year my husband and I had the opportunity to spend two weeks birding in Alaska between June 4th and June 18th. Although species numbers are not high (a good life list for an Alaskan is 200), the quality of the birding coupled with the natural beauty of the area more than makes up for this.

Areas visited: Anchorage, Homer, Seward, Kenai Fjord, Tangles Lakes (alpine tundra) and Barrow.

I have just finished a full trip report with details of  'how, when, how much and what was seen where'.  Anyone who would like a copy of the full report can e-mail me direct.

Judith Hoyle

Species List (143)

Common Loon

Wandering Tattler