birding-aus

Re: birding-aus strange duck in Botanic Gardens

To: Arron Davies <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus strange duck in Botanic Gardens
From: morris <>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:44:02 +1100
Hi Arron,
It is possible that the bird you saw in the ponds at the Sydney Royal
Botanical Gardens was a Wandering Whistling Duck, the one suspected of
being an escapee from Taronga Zoo, which I suppose is only about 4-5 km
away as the crow flies! It has been recorded there before!

Alan Morris
NSWFOC Records Officer