birding-aus

birding-aus Darter anatomy/feeding

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Darter anatomy/feeding
From: Atriplex Services <>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 13:09:51 +1030
G'day all.
The Darter chick I'm rearing now has as much raw fish available to it as
it needs, thanks to several donors. It swallows its be-headed mullet
whole and I can clearly see that the the lower jaw dis-articlates, like
that of a python, so it can get the prey past its very narrow bill and
into the throat. Fascinating!
Cheers
Anne

--
Atriplex Services (Pronounced A-tree-plex)
Environmental Consultants, Landscaping Contractors,

quotes)